The Winston Hills Residents Action Group is a non-political community group formed to support responsible development which is sympathetic and in keeping with the Special Character Area requirements and environment of Winston Hills.
STATEMENT OF FUNCTIONS AND OBJECTS
- To work on behalf of residents for the preservation of Winston Hills Special Character and the enhancement of the character and amenity of its environment, both built and natural.
- To encourage Parramatta City Council to consult and involve residents in policy formation and to lobby for policy changes at Local, State and Federal levels, where appropriate, including commenting on and responding to policy initiatives and drafts relevant to the functions and objectives of the Winston Hills Residents Action Group.
- To promote public awareness of issues and policies affecting the Special Character and environment of Winston Hills.
- To provide a support network for Winston Hills residents to take on issues affecting them, within the framework of the functions and objects of the Winston Hills Residents Action Group.
- To co-operate and exchange information with other groups dedicated to the maintenance and enhancement of the environment.
- To encourage policies and initiatives, which promote development, which is appropriate within Winston Hills Special Character Area.
- To encourage policies and initiatives which provide quality residential accommodation for the natural growth in Winston Hills population and to manage change without adversely affecting the quality of life of others.